Thursday, October 27, 2011

SNOW?!





It's 4 days before Halloween and.. it's snowing in Clovis, NM. Really?! Don't get me wrong... it's beautiful..but isn't it a little early?! Oh well.. definitely a day to cuddle with the girls inside!! Ava's totally enthralled with it and keeps asking to go outside. My reply: "Nope, too cold".






The past few days have been busy. I love it, frankly. Makes me feel accomplished. lol.






I shopped at Wal-Mart yesterday for the first time in ages. I don't normally shop there because it just annoys the begeezus out of me. I went around 1pm, and really, it wasn't too terrible. Although I'm not entirely sure I got the best deal there. Apparently Albertson's here offers 10% off on Sunday if you were an NFL jersey during football season.. Gotta admit that's pretty cool!






We're traveling to North Carolina and Virginia for Thanksgiving and I'm SO excited. Head count right now is like 43 people.. and myself, my siblings, and all the kiddos take up over half of that. LOL. That's what happens when you have five kids, Dad! It'll be so great to see everybody.. considering some of us are scattered all over, it's hard to get everyone together at once, so it'll be a real treat!






Lexi is getting so big. She'll be 11 months on November 10th and it feels like yesterday that she was born. She's starting to pull up to full standing now, so I'm sure it'll be no-time before she's walking.






Ava is... sassy.. and is potty training like a CHAMP currently. I'm so proud of her and Daddy is thrilled with the money we'll save having one of diapers. Combined with getting Lexi back in cloth while we're home, it should save us quite a bit.. though she seems to suffer from diaper rash when I put her in cloth... which is strange because it's supposed to help with that.




The other day, Ava walked up to me and said "Mommy, Jesus Loves Me" and it just melted my heart. I'm so grateful for being so involved in our church, her "preschool" (really, it's Mother's Day Out at First United Methodist here in town". This relationship that I'm developing with God is one that I've only dreamed about. I'm amazed at how much better things have gotten since Rich and I have put our faith in Him.


Thank you, God for all you've given us!!!

























No comments: