I keep saying I'm going to be better about blogging...and yet.. my last post was like.. a year ago. I might tend to get stuck in the normal day-to-day happenings of a military wife/stay-at-home mom. How I miss out on the total hilarity of my day-to-day life, I don't know.
After trying out working for a month... yes, a month. I quit. I decided that staying home was for me, especially when after paying for daycare, it brought home like $200. Sorry, but not worth it for me when I'm working 40 hours a week. So, back to staying home with my girls, I went. I'm glad I did it because it definitely showed me what I DON'T want and some unexpected things that I do...such as, I want another child.
Oh no...no, no, no... THREE?! More children than hands?! This has to be a disaster in the making, right? No... I don't believe so. I think that it will be trying at times, yes... but a disaster? No. Fact is, I don't feel done. I tried to be done, really. I tried to talk myself into tying tubes, or permanent birth control and you know what? IT DIDN'T WORK.
Some can call it flaky.. but I feel like I'm allowed to change my mind.. especially with something as big as having kids. I'm not the first military wife to have the possibility of three kids. In fact, a lot of the older military wives I know have 3 kids (or more). People do it all the time and though there might be times when I feel like pulling my hair out and locking the bathroom door for 3 minutes of peace, I think it's worth it.
The fact is that being a stay-at-home mom is hard. Being a working mom is hard. Consensus, I think, is that BEING A MOM IS HARD. PERIOD. We have worries and dreams and sometimes a need to do "our" thing. All of that - it's normal. It's impossible for someone to be self-sacrificing 100% of the time. My doctor tells me every time I see him, that it's okay to be selfish sometimes, it can even be good for YOUR health.
Take time for you.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment