
So it's been awhile since I updated and I'm sorry for that (for the like.. maybe 2 of you that actually read this ;))
Here's an update -
Life in Texas is good, actually it's great. Finally being in the same house with Rich is unbelievable and never really thought it was possible to love somebody so much.
We have 2 dogs - Pipsqueak and Minnie. They're adorable, even if they annoy the crap out of me somedays
I'm working as a substitute teacher at the local high school here in Del Rio. It's okay most days, but the kids here are different and don't really care about how well they do in school. I don't remember feeling that way when I was in school, but I don't know.
Currently, Rich is running around the duplex riling up the dogs. Hopefully he won't fall and hurt himself. lol
Rich is doing well in pilot training. T-1 was definitely the way to go for him. He "drops" (which is when we find out where we're going next and what plane he'll be flying) on May 2nd and graduates either on or around May 15th.
March 3rd - Rich and I found out that I'm pregnant with our first child. It was a big surprise but we're both really excited. Here's the story:
The Thursday before we found out, I starting feeling nauseous. I thought that maybe it was something I had eaten or that I had caught some kind of flu bug while working at the high school since a few weeks before I had taken a pregnancy test - which had shown as negative, so being pregnant didn't really seem like a possibility - but I later figured out that I took it at the wrong time of day (you're supposed to take it in the morning, I didn't know that and took it in the evening and nothing showed)
Anyway, Finally after 3 days of consistently feeling nauseous and having food aversions, Rich convinces me to go pick up a pregnancy test. I pick one up Sunday night - don't sleep at all on Sunday night and get up at 5:45am on Monday to take the test.
I take it - and face the wall for a couple minutes to try and calm myself - then turn back to expect to see "Not pregnant" and it says "pregnant"!
I then ran into the bedroom to tell Rich - who ended up being really excited.
I'm now 10 weeks along and feeling pretty good. My morning sickness is better than it was last week. The only thing that really bothers me these days is having to pee every 5 minutes (at least it feels like it) and the feeling tired all the time.
My food cravings mainly consist of anything sweet. I'm trying to stay fit but finding the energy to exercise is hard these days. I'm trying to work up the courage to try doing the hatha yoga class here on base. Rich is doing his best to keep up with my cravings, exhaustion and mood swings.
Here's to the next 6 1/2 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment